Seven Principles of Social Business have been defined on the Yunus Centre site and are as follows:
- business objective will be to overcome poverty, or one or more problems (such as education, health, technology access and environment) which threaten people and society; not profit maximization
- financial and economic sustainability
- investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend is given beyond investment money
- when investment amount is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement
- environmentally conscious
- workforce gets market wage with better working conditions
- … do it with joy!